Position: Assistant Volunteer Coordinator
Contract: Type: Internship, 30h/week for 2 months
Start date: April 29, 2019
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Please note, this is an unpaid internship that can count towards school credits.There is a possibility for the position to be funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Results for the program will be announced at the end of April. If you meet Canada Summer Jobs eligibility criteria, please mention it in your application.
Sled Island is seeking a highly organized and dedicated individual for the position of Assistant Volunteer Coordinator. The intern will report to and work alongside the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, schedule, train and manage a group of over 400 volunteers, leading up to and during the 2019 edition of the Sled Island Music & Arts festival (June 19-23).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide information to prospective volunteers about expectations and sign-up process;
- Assist with volunteer recruitment;
- Assist with planning volunteer orientation and training sessions;
- Assist with scheduling and communicate shifts information;
- Update and maintain volunteer database;
- Create and update documentation, as needed.
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Ability to work flexible hours and under pressure;
- Reliable, hard-working and resourceful;
- Basic computer literacy (knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs);
- Knowledge of volunteer management software Shiftboard, a big asset.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Maud Salvi, Executive Director, at email@example.com by February 22, 2019 at 11:59pm MST and indicate Assistant Volunteer Coordinator Internship in the subject.
Sled Island is an equal opportunity employer. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.