Okay, okay, you can stop holding your breath—the Sled Island 2018 comedy lineup is here!
Our 2018 comedy headliner is Netflix The Standups sensation Beth Stelling (pictured)! Star of one of Vulture’s “Best Stand-Up Specials” and a Time Out Magazine “Comedian to Watch,” we’re thrilled that you’ll get the chance to add her to your own personal list of the funniest comedians you’ve ever seen!
Believe it or not, there’s even more to announce. Beth will be supported by several other incredible acts, including the Deerhoof-selected George Chen, writer on cult classic television programs The Chris Gethard Show and Baroness Von Sketch Show Robby Hoffman, SNL Brazil alumnus Carol Zoccoli and the San Francisco Sketchfest Fresh Voices-endorsed Hoodo Hersi! All this plus local host of the most of it, Jeremy Furlong!
Sled Island’s 2018 visual art lineup is here! We're delighted to feature projects by some of Alberta's most exciting artists at this year's festival.
Discover work by Ashley Bedet; Brett Bonk, May G N and Sean Taal; Seth Cardinal; Craig Fahner and Matthew Waddell; Megan Feniak and Kerry Maguire; NIK (pictured); Bronson Smillie and the return of the WE ARE NOT AN ISLAND Queer Zine Fair; plus projects by Jade Nasogaluak Carpenter, Anna Semenoff, Teresa Tam and Marika Vanderkraats (details coming soon). Schedule information, as well as a handful of additional projects, will be revealed in the coming weeks.
Explore the lineup here.Read More >>
Are you a well-organized student with awesome people skills? We're seeking an Office Manager for our 2018 festival season!
Contract dates: May 14, 2018 - June 30, 2018 (30hrs/week)
Application deadline: May 4, 2018 at 5:00pm MDT
Sled Island regrets to announce that due to circumstances beyond the festival's control, El Perro del Mar will no longer be appearing at Sled Island 2018. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.
The wait is officially over—the full Sled Island 2018 lineup is here!
Newly-announced acts include bass-wielding funk warrior Thundercat (headlining The Palace Theatre on Wednesday, June 20), veteran psychedelic act The Flaming Lips (appearing at MacEwan Hall on Thursday, June 21) and Canadian hardcore legends No Warning (performing at Dickens on Wednesday, June 20).
Additional talent announced today includes critically-acclaimed songwriter Common Holly, dance-friendly noise-punks Eyeballs, multi-genre solo experimentalist Petra Glynt, bone-rattling noise rockers Kandekt, furious post-punk band Lié, beloved singer-songwriter Marlaena Moore, veteran psych pop act Mahogany Frog, howlin' indie punk Eamon McGrath, a double-dose of buzzworthy Indigenous hip-hop from Mob Bounce and Snotty Nose Rez Kids, theatrical pop star in the making NOVEMBER, experimental dance music maker Russell Louder, the always face-melting Shearing Pinx, snotty punks wlmrt, doom and psych purveyors WHOOP-Szo and Berlin's new wave wonder WORLD BRAIN.Read More >>
Our 2018 film lineup has arrived!
We’re thrilled to present a program that emphasizes what Sled Island does best: showcase the work of emerging homegrown and international talent, present one-of-a-kind cinematic and musical experiences and explore art and music through film.
This year’s theme? We have a few. Counterculture, 20th century icons, emerging talent and collaboration all make appearances in this year’s film program.Read More >>
You might want to sit down for this: veteran psychedelic act The Flaming Lips are coming to Sled Island 2018! The band will bring their dazzling live show to MacEwan Hall on Thursday, June 21 in support of their most recent release, 2017’s acclaimed Oczy Mlody.
Sled Island passes grant entry (subject to capacity), and are currently available here.
Tickets go on sale here on Friday, April 13 at 10am MST.
Contest now closed. The winner has been notified via email.
- Four nights (June 20 - 24, 2018) in Sled Island's host hotel, the Fairmont Palliser
- If you're a Discovery passholder, we'll upgrade your pass to the Discovery Plus level, which includes:
- Priority access (jump to the front of lines!) at all Sled Island 2018 events, including 250+ bands, comedy, film and art (subject to capacity)
- Access to Sled Island’s exclusive Artist Lounge at the top of the Calgary Tower, including two drink tickets and complimentary snacks
- A ticket to Owen Pallett in Concert with the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra on Saturday, June 23 in section B
- Exclusive discount code for 15% off additional tickets to Owen Pallett in Concert with the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra on Saturday, June 23 in sections A - D (subject to availability)
- A Sled Island 2018 t-shirt (art by Josh Holinaty)
- A Sled Island 2018 limited edition silkscreened poster (art by Josh Holinaty)
- A Sled Island 2018 tote bag (art by Josh Holinaty)
- Exclusive discounts at more than 60 Calgary restaurants, shops and services during Sled Island 2018